Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just Proud Parents

There is no picture with this post, just proud parents that like to share their kids stuff!



Tonight was Back to School night at Clayton Elementary -- I was so excited to hear about what Parker was learnin although, I do know a lot of what goes on because EVERYDAY after school she races to put her backpack up, shoes up, changes clothes (of coarse) and then goes straight to her "classroom" to teach -- sometimes I stand by the door to hear her :) and most of the time, if not all the time, I am the student. Her teachers are so nice and they speak so kindly to the kids. I found out tonight that they don't use a "behavior chart" like they did in Kinder because they feel it put the kids on display that continually get in trouble -- and when I thought about it, I knew everyday in Kinder who had the dreaded "clip change" and who just "doesn't know how to behave at school". Instead, her new teachers use all positive reinforcement and only focus on the good and not the bad -- yeah! I love it!



We got to look through her journal and what she had been writing about every day and I had to share a few...

1) My Mom and Dad are crazy. -- I'm assuming in a good way :)

2) My home is a safe place to be.

3) I have a Mom, Dad, bruvr (aka brother) and 2 sets of grandparents. I love my family.

4) My Mom was sick and then my Dad got sick, I think my Mom got my Dad sick.



I am so enjoying them and thank God that he entrusted me with his precious gifts.

No comments: